Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Unlike Mother

In honour of Mothers Day I'm sending this one out to my mom.

My Mom……who hates cooking. 

My mother, my determined mother, had to face my multiple childhood allergies to anything processed head on. And she did it with style. So much style that I grew up loving cooking/baking and the versatility surrounding the food she taught me how to cook. Can't eat this, well substitute in this. 

So, thanks Mom, for grinding your teeth through multiple recipes and in doing so instilling in me a life long love of food. 

Today I'm passing on one of her no fail recipes. The first recipe I ever memorized. I'll do two versions in this post. The first is the one my mom passed down to me, the second I modified for you vegan folks or folks with allergies. Here we go!

THE EASIEST FREAKEN CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES EVER…………..ever


Mom version:

1/2 cup butter (softened)
6 tbsp white sugar
6 tbsp brown sugar
1 egg
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 salt
1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups of semi sweet chocolate chips 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees 

Cream together butter and sugars

Add the egg

Throw in the baking soda

Throw in the salt

Don't throw, but pour gently in the vanilla

Mix in the flour and chocolate chips

Taste the dough. Try to refrain from eating all of it. If you do, I promise to only judge you a little.

Place as drops (like a heaping tablespoon) on a baking sheet and bake for 12 min at 350. Take out. Eat. Seriously, shove those warm cookies in your pie hole. Awwwww yeah, that's the shit. Right. There. Lets all take a min to thank my mother. Thank you Mom. I tried to swear less in this post. 

Modified Vegan Version: 

2 avocados (mashed)
6 tbsp raw sugar
1/2 cup apple sauce
1 ripe mashed up banana
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 salt 
1/8 tsp cinnamon 
1 1/2 cups flour or spelt flour or gluten-free equivalent 
1 1/2 cups raw cacao chips 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees

Cream together avocado, raw sugar and banana

Throw in the baking soda

Throw in the salt & cinnamon 

Pour in vanilla 

Mix in the flour and cacao chips 

Eat all the dough, cos, seriously, it tastes like heaven. 

If you manage to refrain from eating all the dough, place as drop cookies on baking sheet and bake for 12 min. They taste like a fusion of banana bread and chocolate chip cookies. Did you slightly orgasm after tasting them? Yes? Okay good. That's normal. Let's not thank my mother for this recipe. Because it's mine, and I mentioned having an orgasm and that's just weird to thank my mom for that.

Awkward silence………eat more cookies.  


No comments:

Post a Comment