Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Like my Peach?

Peaches. I'm gonna say it again. Peaches.

Could be a stripper name, but it also could be the Best. Damn. Fruit. Ever. [Ed: 2nd Best]

I'm slightly obsessed with them lately. I realize I should be writing about something in season, but I'm not.

Again, slightly obsessed with these juicy fruits lately, so save this for when they are actually in season (late July). I just ordered a HUGE box of them and I've been making everything with peaches.

Tarts, pies, crumbles, cobbler. Eat peaches people.

Not only are they like one of The. Sexiest. Fruits. Ever (tell me you can't bite into a juicy, wet peach and not get just a little turned on).


But they're freaken delicious and chalked with awesome goodness.

Google peaches while your eating them.

Google yourself while eating them. [Ed: Don't Google google internet will circular reference and break]

6-7 med peaches peeled and sliced
1/2 cup white sugar
2 tbsp white flour
1/8 tsp nutmeg

3/4 cup butter (melted)
1/2 cup brown sugar
2 cups quick rolled oats 

Preheat oven to 400 F
Put peaches, sugar, flour and nutmeg in a bowl. Stir up. Dump into a 9x5 pan.  

Melt butter (yes in your microwave)

Combine butter, quick oats, and brown sugar.

That should resemble a crumble. Like wet enough to stick slightly, and crumbly enough to mash on top the peach mixture.

Mash it on top of the peaches. 

Bake in oven for 35-40 minutes. Till peaches are soft and crumble is looking golden brown. 

Enjoy (preferably with vanilla ice-cream) 

OH DEAR LORD! I have got THE perfect drink to have with this!

So does anyone remember (yes I'm dating myself here) Dave's Island Stingers? Ahhhhh, to be 19 again sitting on my back deck. Beth, you'll remember this. For those who never had Dave's Island Stingers, they were this beer/rum drink. And they were awesome. Like summer time in your mouth. And they no longer make them. And this makes me sad. So I came across this little recipe. Tried it one day, and HOLY FUCK it tastes exactly like Dave's Island Stingers (cue angels signing). But you have to make it in a mason jar. And drink it on your deck. With the peach crumble. And Jesus beams will shine on you.

Pour 1 bottle of 1664 beer in a large mason jar
Add 2 shots of peach schnapps 
Top off with orange juice



Enjoy the awesomeness.

Google peach quotes from Face Off.  

Portia




No comments:

Post a Comment