Sunday, July 6, 2014

Coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee coffee

Coffee is the reason I got up today. For those who know me, you know mornings are hard. Like really hard. Zooey Deschanel sums it up:

"In an ideal world no one would talk before 10am. People would just hug, because waking up is really hard."

Coffee gave me my hug this morning. Hot, dark, creamy. Yes. Yes. Yes. Reason for prying my eyelids open.

Since we've had this heat wave though, it's been rather tough to get a hot cup of coffee down every morning. I'll do it, but sunbathing on my deck with steamy coffee isn't ideal. I prefer to be the only thing with steam rising off it while sunbathing.




Solution: Iced Coffee of course!

And no, I'm not talking about coffee you make then cool, or add ice to. That stuff is shit. I'm going to show you how to make iced coffee the proper way.

1/2 package dark coffee ground
Water
1 can of condensed Milk

Find a big ass container. Pour 1/2 a package of dark coffee grounds in it. Add water. Like a lot of water. This is why you need the big ass container. Cover and put in your fridge overnight.

Warning: This part takes concentration, which I don't have first thing in the morning. I don't know how people work early in the morning and not die. Baffles me. Strain coffee grounds. This might take a few steps. Strain in a colander, then strain again through a coffee filter or cheese cloth. See, it doesn't sound complicated now, but first thing this morning there was a fuck load of swearing going on in my kitchen.  

You should have something that resembles a coffee syrup now. That's perfect. Put in a container and keep in your fridge for up to a week.




Now this is the cool part. Basically you just have a bitter coffee syrup now, so this is where the condensed milk comes in.

Take a glass, put ice in it (if you want), pour in the coffee syrup and add that milk baby. Sip. Enjoy. Please drink all summer.

Side note: Remember the homemade Bailey's recipe I gave you? Add that shit. Mind Blown.

No comments:

Post a Comment